About Hurricane Harvey Recovery Fund
Hurricane Harvey has wreaked havoc across southeastern Texas. It is not just the storm of a century but of five centuries. Thousands of Texans have lost their homes to flood waters, lost power for days, or are in need of food and water.
Refugee clients are particularly vulnerable to crisis events due to lack of language skills, ability to navigate resources, or residing in neighborhoods especially prone to flooding.
Your donation to The Alliance's Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund can help in the following areas:
1. Furniture, home goods, toiletries and food for refugee clients whose apartments flooded and were forced to evacuate.
2. Diapers and formula for young refugee mothers, many of them single and widowed.
3. Mental health and group support for those refugee clients experiencing trauma from the chaos of the flooding.
4. Rental assistance for clients who work hourly jobs and have been unable to go to work for days, and deposit assistance for families forced to evacuate their apartments and needing new homes.
5. Sponsor additional interpreters on the ground to help refugees with low English proficiency access the services they critically need.
6. School supplies for refugee children and youth who have lost the tools they need when they are able to return to school post-storm.
No one could have imagined the devastating events that have occurred over the last few days and are yet still unfolding. Please act today and make a difference to help The Alliance's refugees and immigrant clients rebuild.